Ninety minutes into tending to my Tower and container gardens this morning, I hit an energy slump and decided it was time to refresh and recharge with a green smoothie. I threw this one together quickly with ingredients I had on hand. My smoothie and I spent some time in the backyard watching a pair of cardinals munch away at the bird feeder and now I’m ready to get my green thumb back on. 🙂
Here’s to a great weekend! Enjoy.
- 2 kiwi (peeled)
- 1/2 lemon (peeled, seeded)
- 1/2 cup pineapple (I use frozen)
- 1/2 cup strawberries (I use frozen)
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 1 tsp spirulina (optional superfood)
- 1 cup coconut water (pure, no additives)
- Combine all the ingredients in a high speed blender until smooth.
- If you prefer to cut the "tartness" a bit, add a very ripe half to whole banana. If you need to thin your smoothie, add more coconut water.