One of our most difficult challenges when first beginning to clean up our food act was the letting go of all soda. We knew it was terrible for us, whether it was sweetened with sugar or the fake chemical stuff and it simply had to go. To solve the craving for fizz and a bit of sweet, we began combining unflavored seltzer (sparkling) water with 100% juice. It worked like a charm. At first we were a bit heavy handed with the juice but have now gotten to a point where just a splash is perfect! So, if you are looking for a fun drink that the kids will love but is not loaded with sugar and a myriad of other nasties (like caramel color), go ahead and give our homemade soda pop a try. We have never looked back! Some of our favorite juices to mix in are cranberry, orange, grapefruit, pomegranate, as well as Good Belly Probiotics for good measure. Adding some cranberries, pomegranate arils, or a slice of lime makes the drinks look extra fancy! We promise, it is a win-win and at a fraction of the price of a four pack of Izze. Have fun!
- Unflavored, sparkling water
- 100% juice
- Good Belly Probiotics (optional)
- Fill a glass with ice, if desired, and at least halfway with the unflavored, sparkling water.
- Add anywhere from a splash up to a few ounces of your favorite 100% juice.
- For an immune system boost add an ounce or two of Good Belly Probiotic (optional).
- Too make it super fancy, garnish with pomegranate arils or a slice of lime.