Need a fast and easy to make treat to take to a last-minute party that is both healthy and yummy? This superfood pistachio bark is always a favorite to bring, send in to your favorite teachers, or to just have around the house! Goji berries, also known as “wolfberry fruit”, have been used in Traditional Chinese Medicine for centuries and are said to improve immunity, vitality, longevity, energy, stamina, and even your mood! In addition, the dark chocolate and gogi berries pack a powerful punch of healthy antioxidants, while both the dark chocolate and the pink Himalayan sea salt are full of essential minerals! Not to mention, this pistachio bark pairs really well with a full bodied red wine! 😉
- 12 oz dark chocolate (72% cacao or higher)
- 1 cup shelled pistachios (salted, unsalted or a combination)
- 1/3 cup goji berries
- 1/4- 1/2 teaspoon course pink Himalayan sea salt (adjust accordingly to your preference)
- Line a rimmed cookie sheet with natural waxed paper.
- In a double boiler, slowly melt the chocolate over low heat.
- When chocolate is completely melted, stir in nuts.
- Spread the mix out onto the baking sheet as thin as the pistachios will allow, for easy breaking!
- Press the goji berries into the chocolate mix and sprinkle with sea salt to your taste preference.
- Refrigerate or freeze for one hour until set.
- Cut or break into bite sized chunks.
- Feel free to get creative and use these substitutes if you prefer: coconut flakes, chia seeds, almonds, dried berries, or any other favorite thing you can imagine! As always, we try to use fair trade chocolate and organic ingredients when possible!
- Double the yum, double your recipe!
More Spunky Recipes!
For another yummy party dish see our Pomegranate Avocado Salsa Appetizer http://spunkyavocado.com/avocado-salsa/ under Spunky Eating at spunkyavocado.com.
Our Surburban Smackdown Survival Gear
Eco-friendly items for your kitchen!